Five gorgeous properties to renovate for sale in France
- Credit: Archant
Thinking about buying a property to renovate in France? Here are five great options currently on the market.
This serious renovation project would require lots of time and experience, but would make a magnificent property when finished. The large stone house just outside the pleasant village of Villeneuve-de-Duras, Lot-et-Garonne, has eight bedrooms and has been partially renovated with the intention of creating four apartments, although there are many possibilities for this listing.
On the market with agence-eleonor.com
This beautiful 1930s character property is situated in a friendly village in Corrèze, enjoying an elevated position with views over the hills. The five bedrooms, attic rooms and large living areas require total renovation which could culminate in a really lovely B&B or large home. A golf course and leisure lakes are within easy reach.
On the market with leggettfrance.com
In a little village 7km away from the lively market town of Chef-Boutonne is this fabulous five-bedroom stone property. It requires modernising, including a new kitchen, but otherwise is in reasonably good condition, benefitting from double-glazing, mains drainage and central heating, as well as renovated outbuildings. Amenities and attractions are within easy reach, including lakes and a public outdoor pool.
On the market with agence-berland-bennett.com
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
This listing offers a grand total of four properties for just €85,000! In the tiny village of Guern, 15 minutes away from historical Pontivy, sit the main four-bedroom house and three adjoining guest cottages, all within two acres of land. While the main house is habitable but in need of modernisation, the three cottages require complete renovation, but offer great potential as a holiday let business when finished.
On the market with sextantproperties.com
Anyone seeking to start a business in Charente would do well to consider this listing of a large four-bedroom house and adjoining former hotel, in the village of Cellefrouin. The main house, with large rooms and an attic space to convert, is in sound working and decorative order. The adjoining building, which was previously run as a bar/restaurant and hotel, has six bedrooms and two bathrooms which require renovation to get them back to working order.
On the market with charente-immobilier.com
Browse a more extensive range of properties to renovate on FrancePropertyShop.com:
If you enjoyed this, you might like