10 discoveries about life in France from Living France’s October issue
- Credit: Archant
In the October 2019 issue of Living France we explore Tarn, learn 10 ways to integrate into life in France, and experts discuss driving in France, wifi and the role of the notaire in France
1. The Tarnais are all about slow village life
We explore Tarn's eclectic landscapes and Plus Beaux Villages, speak to residents and agents and see what properties are on the market in the department.
2. Joining a club can be a great way to integrate into life in France
We list 10 ways to become a part of you new French community.
3. A year in France can be life-changing
As columnist Amy Jones nears the end of her time in France she reflects on the impact of the experience.
- 1 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 2 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 3 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
4. Beaujolais is a favourite wine in Lyon
Wine expert Caroline Conner shares her experience of moving to Lyon and setting up English language wine tastings.
5. Billions of euros are being invested in improvements to the French telecoms industry
Learn what this means for your internet connection at home in France.
6. It is very possible to move to France on your own
Three women share words of wisdom and encouragement for others going it alone.
7. A visit to Collioure may inspire your artistic side
This is certainly what Editor Vicky Leigh found on a recent trip.
8. French Absinthe now has geographical protection
Find out more about Absinthe de Pontarlier and see what else has been making headlines in France on our News and Events pages.
9. Pissaladière is an onion tart traditionally sold early each morning in Nice
Have a go at making it yourself following our recipe extract from The Forest Feast Mediterranean by Erin Gleeson
10. French supermarkets often have special promotions for local produce
Find out what else you should (and shouldn't) expect from supermarket shopping in France in this month's guide.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the October 2019 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!