Lovely French properties under €300,000 within a five-hour drive of Calais
- Credit: Archant
Within five hours’ drive of Calais, these lovely homes in France are easy to reach and on the market for less than €300,000
€290,311, Pas de Calais, approx 1h30 drive from Calais
With notaire fees already included, this lovely old rectory is for sale in a picturesque village near Auxi-le-Château on the edge of the desirable Seven Valleys of Pas de Calais. In good order and gas central heated, it has three bedrooms, three receptions and two bathrooms and is set in a third of an acre of land with outbuildings and a garage.
€148,400, Manche, approx 4h40 drive from Calais
Super handy for the ferry ports of Caen and Cherbourg, this idyllic 19th-century home is located in a tiny hamlet a few minutes’ drive from Coutances, a buzzing cathedral town known for its jazz festival. Beautifully renovated and double glazed with a new roof and guttering, the house has two large bedrooms and a study (or small bedroom) while outside there’s an adjoining utility room, workshop and wood store plus a nice garden with orchard.
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 Can you guess which 3 French towns are the best to live in?
- 3 Emily in Paris: 3 Parisian apartments for sale that remind us of the popular Netflix show
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 6 Eco-friendly France: 5 new laws for 2022 plus 5 more for the future
- 7 9 dreamy châteaux for sale in France for budgets starting at €200,000
- 8 Visit Notre-Dame cathedral in a new virtual reality experience
- 9 French château: Moving to the ‘edge of the world’ to run an award-winning luxury guesthouse
- 10 5 beautiful Brittany properties for sale from €77,000
€266,500, Ille-et-Vilaine, approx 4h45 drive from Calais
Three homes, seven bedrooms and 2,289m2 of grounds – you can get a lot for your money in beautiful Brittany, even half an hour from the Mont St-Michel, one of France’s top tourist attractions. This property consists of two three-bedroom dwellings and a one-bedroom gîte in the commune of Le Ferré, only 20 minutes from the château town of Fougères.
€224,000, Yonne, approx 4h50 drive from Calais
Only a 90-minute train journey from Paris, this carefully restored property in Burgundy was built in 1569 for the Archbishop of Sens. It’s in St-Julien du Sault, a thriving and unspoilt market town, and has four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a small courtyard garden, large wine cellar and garage.
€137,800, Mayenne, approx 4h50 from Calais
Overlooking a wooded valley, this three-bedroom cottage sits in almost three hectares of land that includes a riverside woodland area, a large paddock and a country garden. The south-facing property is in good condition and comes with a large barn and stable block.
And one more just over the budget because it’s near Paris!
€338,000, Yvelines, approx 3h40 drive from Calais
Only 45 minutes from the French capital, this charming house is in a sought-after village with schools and shops. Elegantly renovated, it offers three bedrooms and an appreciable living space that opens onto a terrace and decent-sized walled garden.