7 French houses with beautiful shutters
PUBLISHED: 12:05 29 March 2021 | UPDATED: 12:17 29 March 2021
Who can resist a French property with pretty shutters? Whether you prefer pale pastels or bold and bright, there’s a house for you
1. The dark green shutters on this five-bedroom former priory with a pool in Hérault perfectly complement the surrounding parkland and vineyards. The spacious home is located just 20 minutes from Beziers and 25 minutes from the coast.
2. Bright and beautiful blue shutters stand out against the creamy façade of this charming two-bedroom home in Deux-Sèvres. There’s plenty of character inside too – the kitchen has its original flagstone floor and the lounge has a feature wall with exposed stone and a fireplace.
3. Is this Provençal perfection? It’s blue shutters, a water fountain, a terrace, olive trees and a large swimming pool, say quite possibly. Located in Rustrel, Vaucluse this renovated village home has two-bedrooms and a large living room with French doors.
4. Just 30 minutes by car from the historic City of Sarlat and 45 minutes to Bergerac and its International airport this stone watermill is stunningly frosted with white shutters. Inside you will find four bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen/diner and a conservatory with views across the garden and millpond.
5. In the heart of the beautiful village of Lavardens, Gers, this two-bedroom property could be a wonderful holiday home. Preserved period features inside includes exposed beams, stone walls and wooden floors. To the rear of the house is a large barn.
6. Behind the pastel shutters on this charming Normandy home is a living-dining room with fireplace, a fitted kitchen, office, ground floor bedroom, and three first-floor bedrooms. Set in a large enclosed garden in the south of Eure, the property is less than 15 minutes from the medieval town of Verneuil sur Avre.
7. Close to the Lac de Guerledan in with its manmade beaches and water sports, and just a short walk to the bars and restaurants in the local village, this five-bedroom house in Côtes-d’Armor, Brittany could be a brilliant holiday rental opportunity. Guests would love soaking up the sun on the south facing terrace with a view of the forest and lake.