At Living France we aim to bring you useful insight into life in France to help and inspire you to live the life you have always dreamed of. Here are 11 things we learned about life in France in our February issue:
1. Rioute is a savoury bread only found in Savoie
Find out all about Savoie, a department famous for its ski resorts but also great for year round living.
2. Charity shops are great place to go to kit out your home on a budget
This is what Amy Jones and family did when they started their grown up gap year in St-Varent.
3. News builds are bought via a contrat de reservation rather than a compromis de vente
We ask developer Richard Deans of MGM all about new builds in Savoie.
4. In France you may be eligible for a refund of 70% or more on the cost of installing green energy systems
We meet Bob and Diane Kirkwood who have created an off-grid eco-friendly holiday experience in Dordogne.
5. The price of Paris apartments increased 6.2% in the year to September 2018
We bring you the latest news from the world of French property.
6. French is the fourth most used language on the internet
Expand your French vocabulary and discover the latest language-learning aides in our language section.
7. Performing 42 gigs in one year can get you intermittent du spectacle – professional performer – status in France
Read how one aspiring singer moved to Montpellier and formed a vintage harmony trio.
8. There are lots of options for renting out a property in France
Kate McNally looks at rules and regulations surrounding holiday lets.
9. You don’t have to spend a fortune to buy a home in France
We round up six properties on sale for less than €150,000.
10. Births in France must be registered at the mairie of the place of birth within three working days
Holly Howard shares her experience being pregnant in France.
11. Dunkirk carnival is ‘animated and fabulous’
Janine Marsh discusses the event in her latest column.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the February 2019 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!