Set a course for your dream career and discover what it’s like to live and work as a boat broker in France
- Credit: Archant
Discover how you can live on the French waterways and run a successful boat brokerage in Burgundy.
The Sarl Plaisance Fluvial Conseil is a profitable boating business which is now for sale and looking for a buyer.
Current business owner Graham Wharmby reflects on the experiences he's enjoyed over the past 20 years and reveals more about this amazing opportunity to live and work in France.
Don't miss out on a rare chance to take over a successful business
"I started the business back in 2011 after having spent almost 20 years working in Paris. I wanted to get out of the city and enjoy a more tranquil lifestyle. Since starting the business has gone from strength to strength. We've been awarded Boatshed brokers of the year for three years running from 2014 - 2016," Graham said.
The new owner will have the chance to acquire an already thriving business and potentially take it even further with plans to develop a marina on the site.
The perfect excuse to explore
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
Life as a boat broker will involve a lot of travel. You'll have the chance to explore France by picturesque waterways and work will be the perfect excuse for you to visit some of the most beautiful parts of the country.
"After twenty years the job is still taking me to places I've never been before," Graham enthused.
Life by the Canal de Roanne à Digoin
The brokerage comes with a rustic, canal-side property for the new owner to live in. You can build a home for your family to spend quality time together, nestled in the heart of the French countryside.
There will plenty of opportunities to meet new people and integrate with the community. "Over the years I've met many new and interesting people. I've grown to know many fellow boat enthusiasts with amazing stories to share," Graham explained.
Your turn at the helm
Although retiring from the Burgundy brokerage, Graham has made it clear that the new owner will receive full training and on-going support from Boatshed. He will also still be around as part of the Boatshed France support team. There will always be help at hand.
If you have plenty of enthusiasm for boats, this is a chance to completely 'change your life and fill it with thrilling, new experiences.' Graham said: "I've enjoyed an amazing life, now it's time someone else had the chance to build their dream life in France for a fraction of what it would cost in the UK."
Call +33 658 33 11 63 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can see yourself as captain of the waterways, running this successful brokerage and living a dream life by the French canals. For more information visit https://bourgogne.boatshed.com