Learn French and discover Dordogne on an immersion course
- Credit: Archant
Improve your French and discover Dordogne on a week-long immersion course near Bergerac with French in the Dordogne
At French in the Dordogne we are delighted to invite you to le Bourdil Blanc, an 18th century manorhouse near Bergerac for an inspiring week-long language holiday. Improve your French on our immersion courses whilst enjoying this most beautiful part of France.
Half the day in class, half the day on trips, all the time in French!
Our residential French immersion weeks offer the following for elementary speakers and above We do not cater for beginners:
• Excellent teaching in small groups to improve listening, understanding and speaking skills with highly experienced native French speakers, who will offer encouragement, error correction and suggest alternative expressions , thus expanding your vocabulary.
• Fascinating trips to various tourist sights led by teachers also well versed in local history and geography, conducted in French throughout. Le Bourdil revels in an unbeatable location, right in the heart of the Dordogne, within easy reach of so many of its historic attractions, some of the best in France.
• Gracious living at le Bourdil Blanc, an elegant 18th century manor house nestling in its own grounds with excellent on-site facilities, including heated outdoor swimming pool, all-weather tennis court, walking, cycling and fishing. Click to see the accommodation.
• A relaxed house party atmosphere which is great fun. We are used to welcoming those holidaying alone, couples and groups, and all hosted by the fluent French-speaking English owner of le Bourdil.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
• Really good regional food prepared in-house by Bernadette, le Bourdil’s cook. The Dordogne is a well-known gastronomic region in France, respected particularly for its farm produce. And of course it is deep in winemaking country giving you the chance to enjoy some of Bergerac’s best regional wines , all accompanied of course by lively conversation in French.
• All this only 15 minutes from Bergerac airport with direct flights from numerous regional airports offering the easiest and fastest access from the UK via low cost airlines such as Ryanair, Flybe and Jet2. There is also the TGV fast train service from London St Pancras which takes about ten hours so access is straightforward.
• It is really this easy to get away from it all to improve your French in this excellent total immersion course with minimum stress from travelling, and maximum enjoyment from being in real France at its very best
“The best learning holiday I have ever had. An absolutely super week in every aspect”