14 reasons to buy the July 2018 issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
The July 2018 issue of Living France is out now! Here are 14 reasons you should pick up a copy...
1. Find out what it’s like to live in Hérault
Explore this sparkling gem at the heart of Languedoc with plenty of sunshine and joie de vivre
2. Make your own tarte au citron
Create the perfect summertime dessert with a recipe for classic lemon tart
3. Meet the couple who swapped Manchester for Morzine
Sam Thomas and Jon Dredge followed their passion for snowboarding to the French Alps where they now run their own luxury chalet business
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
4. Find out how to deal with a death in France
Dealing with a loved one dying while living in France isn’t something we want to contemplate, but knowing what you need to do can help immeasurably
5. Discover more about Franche-Comté
It’s often overlooked but this part of eastern France really does have a lot to offer
6. Plan your property search
If you’re just starting out on your house-hunting journey, be sure to read our expert’s checklist of 10 things you should think about
7. Follow in Dick and Angel’s footsteps
Have you been inspired by Escape to the Château DIY? Meet one of the expats who appeared on the show and find out how she renovated a château in Normandy
8. Brush up your language skills
Put your French to the test with our puzzles and be in with a chance of winning a year’s subscription to Living France by completing our crossword
9. Learn about planning permission for campsites
If you’re considering setting up a campsite or fishing lake business in France, our expert explains the planning rules and regulations you’ll need to think about
10. Planning a trip to France in July?
Don’t miss our round-up of the events taking place this month, including the famous Tour de France and of course, Bastille Day
11. Go house-hunting for a home with a swimming pool
If a pool is on your French house-hunting wish list, we’ve picked six properties for sale across France to get your search off the ground. Get ready to dive in!
12. Be inspired to set your own business in France
Find out how one woman has turned wine barrels into a business in Hérault and how two friends turned their passion for teaching into a language school and café in Haute-Garonne
13. Are you a keen gardener?
Take a tour of Noreena and Steve Parker’s garden in Deux-Sèvres, which they’ll be opening for the first time this year under the Open Gardens scheme in France
14. Win a copy of Smoking Kills by Antoine Laurain
Read our review of the award-winning author’s latest novel and be in with a chance of winning one of the five copies we’re giving away
What are you waiting for? You can buy the July 2018 issue of Living France here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!