January 2016 issue of Living France out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the new January 2016 issue of Living France we explore France’s sunniest regions, share our expert guide to learning French and find out how the local political system works…
• We explore the department of Aude in Langeudoc-Roussillon, home to Carcassonne and the Canal du Midi as well as pretty hilltop villages and rolling vineyards. We also meet a family running a gîte business in Lagrasse in Aude, get the latest information on the property market in the area, and pick 6 of our favourite properties in Aude for sale
Expert guide to learning French:
• We learn all about the French language from regional variations to slang and share tips from language-learning experts. You can test your grasp of French with our vocabulary pages and language puzzles
France’s sunniest regions:
• Apart from the Mediterranean coastline where else can you go in France if you want guaranteed sunshine? Find out with our guide to three of France’s sunniest regions, including local specialities, attractions and property prices
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 6 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 9 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
• Find out how France’s local politics system works and how getting involved in your local council can help you integrate into the French community
Plus, we find out what’s happening in France in January, choose our favourite properties for sale under €150,000, meet expats running snowshoeing holidays in Mercantour, raising a family in Gers and running a stylish B&B in Picardy. There is also expert advice on wealth tax, currency and owning a mobile home. Plus there are 2 competitions to win historical novel Plaint for Provence and The Champagne Guide!