What properties can you buy in France for under €30,000?
- Credit: Archant
Is it really possible to pick up a French property for €5,000? A browse through FrancePropertyShop.com reveals some interesting possibilities
Not surprisingly, you won’t find much at this knockdown price but if you’re willing to build your own property, what about this 760sqm building plot in a Charente village? Set within a housing development, it has water, electricity supply and main drains. The price is €4,500. Click here for more details
At this price you’re looking at building plots and the occasional renovation project, but if a complete ruin’s not for you, check out this option. Within a building housing four apartments in the town of Naucelle, Aveyron, you could buy a first-floor property with a total floor area of about 40sqm comprising lounge /diner and one bedroom plus bathroom. It needs work but has water and a WC, and is for sale at €8,000. More details
For this budget, you’ll start to see old barns in varying states of disrepair. Although not for the fainthearted, this renovation project in Morbihan, for sale at €13,500, had less humble origins. Described as a historic mansion, it requires complete renovation, but electricity is already connected, and water and other utilities are available. Planning permits have been granted and the architects’ plans, additional photos and a description are available. More details
This is still usually the territory of tumbledown barns but there are the occasional habitable properties to be found. For example, this two-bed village house in Charente is just €18,000 and would make an ideal lock-up-and-leave holiday home. More details
You’ll find lots more choice of renovation projects for your money now, and the odd move-into property. At the edge of a pretty village close to the River Vezere, this wooden chalet sits on 2,345sqm of land with a mix of woodland and garden. The chalet has a fitted kitchen, living/dining area and separate shower room, but no drainage (chemical loo). There is electric, water, telephone and internet to the site. €23,990 More details
If happiness is a hamlet, then this terraced house in Brittany could be the answer – it comes with a lovely garden, two bedrooms, an attic suitable for conversion and a garage. For sale at €29,800, it needs decorating and bringing up to modern standards but you could move straight in. More details
- 1 We still want to escape to the château – but maybe not to do a Dick and Angel!
- 2 My France: Taggart and Two Doors Down actor Alex Norton's love of Languedoc
- 3 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 French property: Where is best to invest?
- 6 Dick and Angel Strawbridge launch The Chateau Kitchen cookbook
- 7 Provence comes to Paris in the Atelier des Lumières’ 2022 exhibition
- 8 Emily in Paris: 3 Parisian apartments for sale that remind us of the popular Netflix show
- 9 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 10 Visit Notre-Dame cathedral in a new virtual reality experience