13 reasons to buy the July 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine
- Credit: Archant
From France’s most beautiful villages to cycling in the French Alps, the July 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is packed with great articles! Order your copy now...
1. The Plus Beaux Villages de France
There are 157 villages that bear the label ‘Plus beaux Villages de France’ and are members of the association of the same name. We find out more about the association and why it was launched, how a village gains the label and discover some of the less well-known beautiful villages of France.
2. Interview with Françoise Hardy
Don’t miss our interview with French singer-songwriter Françoise Hardy who had her first hit as a teenager in the 1960s and has now released her 24th studio album.
3. Discover northern France by car
Visit historic cities, Western Front battlefields and UNESCO World Heritage Sites with our three-day road trip from Amiens to Abbeville in northern France.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Can I disinherit my children?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
4. Cycling the French Alps on an electric bike
You don’t have to be a Tour de France competitor to explore the French Alps on two wheels as we discover on an e-bike ride up the Alpe d’Huez.
5. 14 places to stay in rural French villages
Our pick of some of the best accommodation in France’s beautiful villages.
6. What makes French honey so special?
Learn all about honey and the bees that produce it in France.
7. Discover Yvoire
Explore the medieval village of Yvoire on the shores of Lake Geneva and find out why it is called the ‘pearl of Lake Geneva’.
8. Icons: the bicycle
In the latest of our series on French icons we find out how the bicycle became a fashionable part of French culture.
9. Carol Drinkwater on life in Provence
In her latest column Carol Drinkwater takes a leisurely road trip across southern France to collect a rescue dog and is reminded why she fell in love with the country.
10. Spend the weekend in Boulogne-sur-Mer
Just a short hop across the channel, the seaside town of Boulogne-sur-Mer is the ideal place for a weekend break.
11. Recipe from a Michelin-starred French chef
French chef Daniel Galmiche shares a recipe for Morteau sausage from Franche-Comté.
12. Films and book out this month
Immerse yourself in the French culture with our pick of new French films and books set in France out this month as well as interviews with screen star Marine Vacth and author Georgeanne Brennan
13. Improve your French
We share some ways to refresh your French language skills along with puzzles to test your French and the phases you will need if you go camping in France.
So what are you waiting for? The July 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is now on sale – order your copy now!
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!