Eurostar goes vegetarian with Raymond Blanc
- Credit: Archant
It is National Vegetarian Week, and Eurostar business passengers travelling from London to France this week will have a meat-free menu created by Raymond Blanc to celebrate
If you are travelling to France on Eurostar this week you may notice a difference in the menu on offer. For the first time, the carte du jour, for customers travelling from London on Business Premier, will be completely meat free for one week.
Raymond Blanc OBE has been working closely with Eurostar on their Business Premier dining experience for seven years. The Michelin star chef's latest tasty menu is bespoke vegetarian using sustainable ingredients of local provenance with hot and cold dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner using seasonal vegetables. Dishes include a celeriac, spinach and lentil curry and an asparagus, pea and radish salad.
Raymond says, "I have always celebrated the magic of seasons and vegetables, as they are the heart of my gastronomy. As a chef, I am committed to using fresh and seasonal produce of the highest quality that has minimal impact on our environment and communities."
"Each dish I have designed with Eurostar is created with sustainability and responsible sourcing in mind. I've worked closely with Eurostar to create a special menu for National Vegetarian Week that showcases the great taste of vegetables, and I can't wait for passengers to try them," he says.
Passengers in standard class will also have new vegetarian options including, aubergine roll with goat's cheese, spring onion and tomato, and a quinoa and bulgur salad with basil and lemon.
Research from Censuswide shows that over a third (34%) of British and French have a meat free day or meal every week while a quarter of Brits (25%) do not consider themselves as meat eaters. When travelling, almost three-quarters of those surveyed claimed to be more adventurous with food (73%) with over half (52%) saying they try new delicacies when on a trip.
You might also like:
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000