The best ways to travel in France without a car…and 7 other things we learnt in the December issue of French Property News!
- Credit: Archant
Which popular Christmas song originates from France? How does the French school system compare to the UK? Will you still be able to live, study and work in France after Brexit? The answers are all in the December issue of French Property News, out now!
1. We get in the festive spirit with a guide to French properties on the market, to the theme of the 12 days of Christmas, on page 26.
2. A couple of antique dealers in Charente open the doors to their magnificent home for some serious décor inspiration, on page 34.
3. Is it possible to get by in France without a car? Absolutely! Find out why on page 38.
4. Discover Anjou, the lesser-known stretch of the Loire Valley with fine wines, lush scenery and surprisingly affordable property, on page 42.
5. A French education could be great for your kids, says an expat whose daughters have been through the French school system. Read more on page 46.
6. A Lot-et-Garonne based estate agent tells us why the practical and pretty department would make a great permanent home, on page 56.
- 1 Why I swapped my life as a London doctor for a château in France!
- 2 9 houses for sale that make us want to drop everything and move to France!
- 3 Say cheese! 7 unusual French cheeses to add to your cheese board
- 4 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Eco-friendly France: 5 new laws for 2022 plus 5 more for the future
- 7 French property: Where is best to invest?
- 8 Dirk Bogarde’s France: the legendary actor’s happy place
- 9 We still want to escape to the château – but maybe not to do a Dick and Angel!
- 10 A guide to the Dordogne market town of Lalinde
7. There are still so many questions surrounding what will happen to British residents in France after Brexit, but our expert has some answers, on page 80.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the October 2019 issue of French Property News here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On this month's cover: a beautiful château with guest house and pool in Dordogne, on the market with Leggett.