7 enchanting Christmas markets in Paris to explore in 2019
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is a magical time of year to experience Paris – these festive markets are sure to delight
Canopée des Halles
When? 14 Nov - 29 Dec
Where? Forum des Halles, 1st arrondissement
Nestled beneath the vast Halles canopy at the Forum des Halles shopping centre is a lively marché de Noël, now in its second year, with 75 wooden chalets offering plenty of present ideas. Marvel at the 20m-high Christmas tree bedecked in festive finery - a beautiful centrepiece to a lovely market.
La Magie de Noël
When? 15 Nov - 5 Jan
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
Where? Le Jardin des Tuileries, 1st arrondissement
Paris' most visited Christmas market welcomes around 13 million guests over the festive season, with its focus on French gastronomy and crafts, plus its superb location, key to its success. Get your skates on and test out the fantastic skating rink.
Marché de Noël Alsacien
When? 4-20 Dec
Where? Gare de l'Est, 10th arrondissement
One of the most mouth-watering Christmas markets in Paris is undoubtedly the Alsatian affair at the Gare de l'Est. Discover great foodie and crafty gifts from the north-eastern region which are sure to delight. If you're going en famille on 6 December (Saint Nicholas Day), the lucky younger members of your group will get a free gingerbread biscuit.
Marché de Noël Paris Notre Dame
When? 13-29 Dec
Where? Quai Montebello and Square Viviani, 5th arrondissement
Glorious Notre-Dame may be wounded but the Christmas market in its shadow lives on, bringing much-needed cheer at the end of a difficult year. Some 30 exhibitors will be selling their wares, all of which have been created in France.
Marché de Noël de Saint-Germain-des-Prés
When? 30 Nov - 5 January
Where? Boulevard Saint-Germain, 6th arrondissement
Near the Latin Quarter, this small but perfectly formed Christmas market boasts over 30 stalls. At weekends, you can get a snap with a very special guest - Father Christmas!
Marché de Noël sur le Parvis de La Défense
When? 21 Nov - 28 Dec
Where? Parvis de la Défense, Puteaux
This immense market is certainly one of the biggest Christmas markets in Paris. You'll be spoilt for choice with over 350 cabins in a beautifully-illuminated setting spread across a whopping 13,000 sqm.
Marché de Noël Suédois
When? 29 Nov - 1 Dec
Where? L'Église Suédoise de Paris, 17th arrondissement
Something a little different to finish - a Swedish Christmas market! Pick up some presents, from cakes and sweets to stationery, candles and kitchenware, all with a sweet Scandi flair.
Liked this article? You might also like...