August 2015 issue of French Property News out now!
- Credit: Archant
A preview of what you’ll find inside our latest issue
This month we’re exploring some of France’s most dynamic cities this month, including Marseille, Paris, Lyon and Bordeaux, and for those who would prefer a more rural location for their French home we explore the glorious countryside of Gers. If you’re keen on a property with character, there’s a round-up of quirky homes for sale to suit all tastes and budgets, while part eight of our buying guide series examines the reasons for having a structural survey. We consider the benefits of retirement in France, but if you still need an income we look at how to get the interiors right for gîtes and explain the tax implications of running a holiday let. Our expert also takes a closer look at the controversy surrounding French social charges.
• Location features
Marseille – sun, sea and culture are now just a train ride away from the UK
Gers – why living here could be beneficial to your health
Paris, Nice, Lyon and Bordeaux – four dynamic destinations for city slickers
• Expert advice
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 4 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 10 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
The options for and benefits of retirement in France
The diagnostiques reports explained plus the reasons for having a structural survey when buying a French property
A closer look at the controversy surrounding French social charges
How stunning interiors can boost the rental potential of your property
• Real Life stories
Meet the British student who fell in love with a French champagne producer
Swapping Wimbledon for a new life in St-Tropez
How one Briton with French ancestors fell for the charms of Languedoc-Roussillon
Plus, three of the best Parisian pieds-à-terre, an estate agent’s dream home in Gascony, restaurant reviews in the Loire Valley and Limousin, and win one of five copies of Picnic in Provence by Elizabeth Bard on our reviews page.
Subscribe to French Property News