From life in northern France to how bilingual children learn to read: 8 discoveries from the April issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
With real life stories and expert advice, here are 8 things we discovered about life in France from Living France’s April issue
1. Entrepreneurs, millennials and investors are moving to Nord to develop start-ups
There are many more reasons to move to northern France than just its transport links, as we explore in this issue.
2. French schools take a traditional approach to teaching children to read and write
Discover how literacy learning in French schools differs to the UK and what parents can do to support bilingual children as they learn.
3. Books listing dates for all the vide-greniers and brocantes in your area are available to buy in French supermarkets
Read how one woman moved her antiques business from Herefordshire to rural Mayenne.
- 1 Carol Drinkwater: A tribute to the French baguette
- 2 Provence comes to Paris in the Atelier des Lumières’ 2022 exhibition
- 3 What Covid tests and paperwork do I need for travel to France?
- 4 Emily in Paris: 3 Parisian apartments for sale that remind us of the popular Netflix show
- 5 Visit Notre-Dame cathedral in a new virtual reality experience
- 6 The beautiful Aude: Holidays in Castelnaudary, home of cassoulet and the Canal du Midi.
- 7 Dick and Angel Strawbridge launch The Chateau Kitchen cookbook
- 8 Book Competition: Win a copy of Paris: Capital of Guerlain by Laurence Benaïm
- 9 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 10 Can you guess which 3 French towns are the best to live in?
4. French chocolatiers make some very creative Easter treats
Our news and events pages cover the latest goings-on in France plus we look at some recent releases.
5. French culture emphasises using seasonal produce in cooking
Hear from an American expat who now runs food tours to help people discover Toulouse's rich culinary heritage and produce.
6. The Poitou-Charente region is one of France's top lamb producers
Our food columnist discusses how to prepare an Easter feast with a French flavour.
7. Annecy has been named best place to live in France by a recent study
We explore what the lakeside Haute-Savoie town has to offer and look at which other towns came out well in the study.
8. There are more ways than you may realise to save money in France
From switching bank accounts to apps that reward you with vouchers when you go for a run - our guide this month looks at way to reduce your monthly expenditure in France.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the April 2020 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!