5 properties to renovate in France
- Credit: Archant
Looking for a renovation project in France? These 5 properties range from a barn needing a complete renovation to a manor house needing some updating
This beautiful maison de maîtreneeds a lot of work but it could be transformed into a stunning house. The ground floor is habitable with four bedrooms, a kitchen and living room, while the first floor needs renovating with plenty of original features.
This cute cottage with mains water and electricity has been partially renovated but there is still plenty of work to do, including installing a septic tank and new windows. The house is in a rural spot, 10 minutes from a town, and has space for living areas and a bedroom.
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 3 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Northern France: 5 places to visit for a short break from the UK
- 6 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 7 Can I disinherit my children?
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 10 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
This stone house and attached barn are in need of a complete renovation but offer 31m² of potenital habitable space. Currently, the house is divided into two rooms and the barn is open with beautiful wooden beams and exposed stone walls. The roof is in good condition.
This large village house was a thriving café in the 1930s but has been transformed into a five-bedroom house with a garden and garage. It enjoys stunning views of the Pyrenees and has extensive adjoining outbuildings that are ideal for renovation.
Located in the heart of Burgundy, this 18th-century manor house with period features has the potential to offer nine bedrooms so could be a B&B or large family home. Two of the bedrooms and bathrooms have already been sympathetically renovated and are ready to be lived in.
www.burgundy4u.euMore French property for sale: 5 properties in France under €150,000 5 properties for sun-lovers and 3 properties on the French RivieraHelp with your renovation project: how to carry out a renovation in France, 21 French words to help with your DIY or renovation project, 5 things to know about architects and surveyors