5 properties in France to run as a business
- Credit: Archant
Running a business from your French home is a great way to make a living in France and make the property pay its way. It doesn’t have to be a B&B or gîte though. Look at our pick of 5 properties to run as a business for some ideas
These two one-bedroom cottages both packed with original features are located in a quiet hamlet with stunning views over the valley. There are also six acres of land with a garden, fenced paddocks and a stable block for potential as an equestrian business.
www.francepropertyshop.comCôtes d’Armor, Brittany
This five-bedroom house is currently run as a B&B and a soft fruit business, with two polytunnels housing strawberries, cherries, blackcurrants, raspberries and more. The house has panoramic views of the Brittany countryside and there is an attic and two barns ready for conversion.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
This property is being sold as a going concern, including all the fixtures, fittings and furnishings. It comprises a 34-cover restaurant with summer terrace and professional kitchen, as well as five en-suite guest rooms, and a private two-bedroom owner’s apartment.
Lovingly restored, this former mill now offers five bedrooms alongside a spacious kitchen and living room. Two of the bedrooms are on the top floor with separate entrances so can be used for guests. The house is near Albi, and a hour from Toulouse airport.
Located on the edge of a fishing river, this property is currently run as a successful gîte enterprise, but there is scope to develop a fishing aspect to the business. There are two gîtes with a total of seven bedrooms, five bedrooms in the main house and 3.7 hectares of land including a pool.