3 houses in Poitou-Charentes
- Credit: Archant
Poitou-Charentes in south-west France is becoming increasingly popular with visitors and expats, so we found three French properties for sale in the region
Lezay, Deux-Sèvres, Poitou-Charentes
Renovated to a high standard, this detached stone farmhouse would be ideal for animal lovers as it has 2.3 hectares of grazing land and three horse stables. Set in a peaceful rural location, the house is seven kilometres from the market town of Lezay and a 40-minute-drive from Poitiers. The farmhouse offers four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a dressing room, two living rooms both with wood-burning stoves, a separate dining room and kitchen. There is also a mezzanine level used as a library and a studio annexe that could be converted into additional accommodation for guests.
Situated on the edge of a small hamlet, this charming cottage boasts lovely views over the surrounding Grande Champagne vineyards. Recently renovated, the property has many attractive features including slate floors in the kitchen and dining room, wooden floors throughout the rest of the house and two stone fireplaces in the living room. There is a spacious kitchen with a range of fitted units, four bedrooms and two bathrooms. The cottage boasts a front and rear garden as well as further land across the lane, all enjoying countryside views.
This charming detached property has been sympathetically renovated and extended over the past few years to provide spacious accommodation and a large garden. Only five kilometres from a village, the house offers four bedrooms and two bathrooms. The kitchen has a tiled floor, wooden beams, an impressive stone fireplace with a wood-burning stove and fitted units. There is a lounge with a dining alcove and a mezzanine level, as well as a walled garden to the front of the property, a large garden to the rear, alongside a garage and a barn.
- 1 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 2 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn