13 reasons to buy the March 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine
- Credit: Archant
The March 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is on sale! Take a look at what’s inside and get your copy now...
1. Discover pretty Alsace villages by bicycle
Guided by a navigation app and fortified by pâtisseries, writer Peter Stewart discovers the picturesque villages along the Alsace wine route on a gentle cycle tour.
2. Try a family camping holiday in Normandy
Looking for ideas for a family holiday in France? Kate Pettifer takes her young family on a camping holiday in Normandy and reveals why it is a great option for all ages.
3. Explore the Loire Valley by car
Hop in the car and explore the stunning Loire Valley with our three-day road trip itinerary from Saumur to Amboise. Visit some of the famous Loire châteaux and enjoy delicious French food
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 7 Can I disinherit my children?
- 8 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
4. Go river cruising in Franche-Comté
Editor Lara Dunn takes to the water and enjoys the quiet charms of Franche-Comté on a self-drive cruise down Doubs River.
5. Explore the town of Saintes
We take a stroll around the town of Saintes in Charente-Maritime and discover plenty of Roman architectural remains.
6. Learn about the classic Breton striped shirt
It’s a favourite garment in the FRANCE Magazine office, but how did a fisherman’s striped shirt become a must-have fashion item?
7. Take a weekend break in Dieppe
We find out why the Channel port town of Dieppe in Normandy is a great place to spend a weekend
8. Discover the ski resort of Les Sybelles
We avoid the winter crowds of the Three Valleys and head for this family-friendly ski area in Savoie to discover wide-open slopes and plenty of skiing options.
9. Try a recipe from Michel Roux
Michel Roux shares a recipe for courgette soup with Cancoilloutte from his latest recipe book, Cheese.
10. Stay at a UNESCO World Heritage site
We pick out some of the best accommodation options at France’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites
11. Café, s’il vous plait
Coffee is a serious business in France. Learn about the history of coffee drinking in France and see how tastes are changing in the modern world.
12. Read our interview with film-maker Emmanuel Gras
French film-maker Emmanuel Gras discusses his Africa-set documentary Makala which follows the struggles of a Congolese charcoal-maker. We also review the documentary which is released in cinemas on 2 February
13. Improve your French
We share some ways to refresh your French language skills along with the vocabulary for several scenarios you might encounter in a French airport.
So what are you waiting for? Buy the March 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine now!
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!