13 reasons to buy the August 2018 issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
The August 2018 issue of Living France is out now! Here are 13 reasons you should pick up a copy...
1. Explore Pas-de-Calais
Discover all that this northern star has to offer, from sandy breaches and dramatic cliffs on the Opal Coast to lush valleys and bucolic countryside, plus see our round up of homes for sale in the area.
2. Advice for parents of bilingual children
Read about the challenges and rewards of raising bilingual children, and how to help them find their voice at their French school.
3. Improve your wine expertise
Find out why our expert Richard Hemming thinks Beaujolais is one of the most underpriced fine wines in France.
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
4. Planning a wedding in France?
We meet three women in the business of weddings who share their experiences of helping couples tie the knot in France.
5. Choose your climate
France has a very varied geography. Our guide to the weather in different French regions can help you decide on the right area for you.
6. Find some renovation inspiration
Hear from an interior designer who recreated the freedom of her childhood when she bought and renovated a holiday home in Gers.
7. Meet the couple who took Shakespeare to Charente
Jane and Lee Harvey moved to France with their daughter in 2015, have since set up a gîte complex, and regularly play host to an open-air Shakespeare theatre company.
8. Learn all about French mortgages
There are a number of ways a French mortgage differs from one in the UK, and understanding these variations can help you avoid common pitfalls.
9. Get tips on securing your home
Following a few simple steps to protect your home from potential intruders can give you peace of mind, especially if you’re away for long period of time.
10. Get a local’s view of the Sept Vallées
Find out why two history enthusiasts fell in love with the Sept Vallées countryside and Opal Coast beaches of Pas-de-Calais.
11. Test your French
Improve your vocabulary with our wordsearch and other fun French word games. Complete the crossword to be in with the chance of winning a 12-month subscription to Living France.
12. Keep up with the gardening
Our gardening expert Sue Bradley discovers an elegant white Japanese anemone, and shares a list of things to do in the garden this month, while Open Garden members Jackie and Len Deakin tackle a beast of a weeding challenge.
13. Fill out your calendar
We share our pick of the best events happening across France this August, including events in the Bay of Albigny, Lorient and La Gacilly.
What are you waiting for? You can buy the August 2018 issue of Living France here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!