12 reasons to buy the June 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine
- Credit: Archant
From cycling in Loire to a weekend in Cannes, the June 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is packed with great articles! Order your copy now...
1. 21 coastal places to stay in France
From the Channel to the tip of Corsica, we have uncovered 21 hotels, gîtes, tents and even a private island where you can enjoy a holiday by the sea.
2. Explore Avallon in Burgundy
Come with us as we take a stroll around the small town of Avallon in Burgundy and discover its winding streets, terraced gardens and medieval towers.
3. Drive through rural Aveyron
Enjoy traditional villages, a famous cheese and a modern marvel on a drive through Aveyron from Brousse-le-Château to Millau.
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 7 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
4. Explore Loire by bike
We take a step back in time and take part in the Anjou Velo Vintage, an annual bike festival that sees cyclists dressed in vintage clothes and riding retro bikes cycle around the Loire Valley.
5. Recipe for vegetable tart
Having friends and family round for dinner? Don’t miss this great recipe for roasted onion, fennel and pesto tart from Emily and Giselle Roux’s recipe book New French Table.
6. Can you explore France by coach?
Is travelling by coach cheaper, quicker and more convenient than travelling by train in France? We take a tour of three northern cities to find out.
7. Why are there so many lavender fields in Provence?
In the latest in our ‘French icons’ series we look at the history of French lavender and find out the many varied ways it can be used.
8. Stephen Clarke on life in Paris
In his latest column, Paris-based writer Stephen Clarke gives his take on why the Paris Vélib bike hire system is in trouble.
9. Restaurants in Nantes
Visiting the French city of Nantes? We review three great restaurants and find the best places to pick up some local produce.
10. Spend a weekend in Cannes
Discover a different side to the glamorous Riviera resort on a backstreet tour of Cannes.
11. Interview with film-maker Léonor Serraille
We talk to French film-maker Léonor Serraille about her first feature film Jeune Femme and why she decided to have a mainly female crew.
12. Improve your French
We share some ways to refresh your French language skills along with puzzles to test your French and the phases you will need if you visit the post office.
So what are you waiting for? The June 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine goes on sale on 2 May – order your copy now!
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!