Chimney sweeping, theme parks and oysters: 12 discoveries from the March issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
From Alsace to the Canal du Midi, here are 12 things we discovered about life in France from Living France’s March issue
1. Alsace is dotted with fairytale towns and villages and has a unique history and an impressive wine route
Learn all about the north-west area, what it is like to live there and what kind of properties are on the market there.
2. The parks in Paris can offer great inspiration for creative projects
Read how a one-year sabbatical turned into a permanent relocation and a career change for one illustrator.
3. Reading and listening to the news in French can help improve your language skill
Our guide to current affairs explores where to look to find out what is going on in France and your local area.
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 8 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
4. Mooring spots on the Canal du Midi are plentiful but in demand!
When Jon and Mel moved to France, their vintage river boat Bella Mia was always going to go with them.
5. Glasses wearers in France can now have the cost of selected frames 100% reimbursed thanks to a new government health plan
Find out what else has been hitting the headlines in France on our News and Events pages.
6. Nature-focussed theme park Terra Botanica showcases 500,000 plants from around the world
Locating your business near one of France's diverse theme parks could help pull in guests, we discuss five popular French theme parks and the towns and villages near them.
7. Chimneys in France must be swept by a professional once a year
Working as a chimney sweep in France has been a great opportunity for 22-year old Kristian.
8. Pierre Frey and Declercq Passementiers are some of the most well-established fabric brands in France
Interior designer Carla Heyworth takes on a re-upholstery project to inspire your own furniture makeover.
9. There is no 'one size fits all' answer to estate planning
We explore the complexities of inheritance law and succession planning in France.
10. Arcachon-Cap Ferret oysters are regarded as some of the best in France
Paola Westbeek's latest column discusses how best to savour the seaside speciality.
11. If you are planning a bank holiday DIY project in France be sure to check store opening times in advance!
We have the first of our quarterly renovation round-ups including news, products and a reader question answered.
12. Skyscraper La Marseillaise has been recognised for its unique architecture
Our property news pages bring you the latest from the world of French property.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the March 2020 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!