At Living France we aim to bring you useful insight into life in France to help and inspire you to live the life you have always dreamed of. Here are twelve things we learned about life in France in our December issue:
1. Pyrénées-Orientales is an affordable alternative to Alpes-Maritimes as a mountainous department on the Mediterranean coast.
We look in-depth at what it is like to live, work and buy in the Catalan department in Occitanie.
2. “Life is for living, not just for working”
Advice from Fiona Flint who shares the final chapter of her ‘Diary of a move’ and reflects on her first year in France.
3. Cartoons could help teach English to French Primary school children, according to a government report.
Test your own language skills with our games and puzzles.
4. You need a certificat d’aptitude professionnelle to run a patisserie in France.
A British woman shares how she fared when she had just six months to get qualified in order to achieve her goal of opening a tea shop.
5. There’s more to mountain life than skiing.
We look at four towns in mountain ranges in France.
6. The right coloured clothing can transform your look.
We meet an award winning image consultant living in Paris.
7. It’s never too late to take a gap year.
Amy Jones shares advice on planning and funding a year abroad (with kids!) – look out for her new column starting in January.
8. A number of tax reforms are due to come into effect in 2019.
Kate McNally has a guide to French taxes.
9. QROPS stands for Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme.
Our expert covers the important issues you need to be aware of if you are considering investing in a QROPS.
10. There are some amazing Christmas markets around France
Plan your December and catch up on the headlines in our news and event pages.
11. A mix of modern and vintage can make for a stunning interior.
An expat couple in France show us around their stunning Paris apartment when it’s fully decked out for Christmas.
12. Getting into the swing of Christmas takes a while in rural France
But that doesn’t mean they don’t have fun – our columnist Janine Marsh shares her experience of Christmas in France.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the December 2018 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!