Recipe for tarte au citron
- Credit: Archant
What better way to round off a dinner party than with the classic French dessert tarte au citron? Make your own delicious lemon tart with this recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1hr 20minutes, plus three hours chilling
225g sweet shortcrust pastry, home-made or shop-bought
190g caster sugar
- 1 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 2 7 reasons to live in Tarn-et-Garonne
- 3 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 4 Our next free webinar on French property and living in France is on 6 October
- 5 French Property News October book competition: Win a copy of Presidential Residences in France by Adrien Goetz
- 6 James Bond: How France shaped 007’s adventures
- 7 Stephen Clarke: Lost in translation?
- 8 France at Home: 7 websites that bring France to the UK
- 9 What’s the cheapest way to pass on a French property to our children while we’re still alive?
- 10 Bag a bargain: Affordable alternatives to France’s most desirable property locations
250ml double cream
3 lemons, zested and juiced
Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC and grease a 20cm tart tin
Roll out the pastry and place over the tin. Press it down into the sides and let the excess hang over the edges. Prick the base with a fork, line with greaseproof paper and baking beans or uncooked rice, and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown
Meanwhile, make the filling:
Whisk the eggs and mix in the sugar. Stir in the cream and lemon juice, sieve the mixture and then add the zest
Take the tart from the oven, remove the greaseproof paper and the baking beans or uncooked rice, and return to the oven for five minutes
Turn the heat down to 150ºC and pour the lemon mixture into the tart case. Bake for about an hour, or until the filling is just set and the pastry is golden-brown.
Remove tart from the oven and trim off the overhanging pastry. Leave the tart to cool completely before putting it in the fridge for three hours
Like this article? Have a look at more recipes: