Perfide Albion help you buy French property with confidence
- Credit: Archant
Over 20 years ago, a young law graduate decided that her future lay in France...Today, Rachel Thomas-Bonnet provides you with a comprehensive ‘after sales service’for your needs in France. ADVERTISING FEATURE
Rachel is established in the Languedoc, but her client base stretches from Ireland to New Zealand, with a quick detour via Abu Dhabi. Rachel has been described as both a comfort blanket and a Rottweiler. She is all of this and everything in between... whatever it takes to get satisfaction for her clients. Just take a look at the testimonials on her website www.perfidealbion.com and you’ll understand why people turn to her for help and support.
Thanks to the 7 years Rachel spent working for the Groupement Notarial in Carcassonne, she can provide all the support you need, through either the purchase or resale of your French property; liaising with both the agent and notaire end ensuring as snag free as possible transaction.
Buying in France is a very different process than buying in the UK. It’s not just the legal system that changes, but the mentality isn’t the same either.
Everyone has, at some point, seen a programme on the television or heard of a friend of a friend who lived through a real nightmare whilst trying to buy their long saved for home in France.
If you are well advised and supported throughout the proceedings, then everything should run smoothly. It’s when you don’t know the system and happen to fall into the hands of incompetent or dishonest professionals that things go wrong.
Rachel can help you avoid that and ensure that things run as smoothly as possible. An issue comes up despite all the careful ground work? No worries, She’s there to support you and to try to ensure that the issue is resolved in your best interests.
The whole thing always throws up lots of questions too. When you’re unfamiliar with how it’s done, then you obviously require more information to feel reassured. This is when you need someone who’s happy and willing to answer all of those interrogations with patience and good humour.
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 4 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 Book Competition: Win a copy of Fresh Water for Flowers by Valérie Perrin
- 10 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
She even holds full power of attorney for some people, allowing them to have their French interests run smoothly, without having to worry about not being in situ.
“Thanks to 20 years of living here, there really aren’t many situations that I haven’t experienced first hand”, she says. “This really does give me the insight and ability to handle my clients problems with feeling, and not make them just feel as though I’m going through the motions.”
Please feel free to contact Rachel with any queries you may have on any aspects of living in France. The initial consultation is always free.