Learn French on the new practical courses from the Institut Français
- Credit: Archant
Learn all the French you will need to spend a weekend, week or month in France with these practical French courses
This beginner’s level course covers the language you would need if you were spending a weekend in Paris, including the vocabulary and phrases you may need when travelling on the Eurostar or a plane; using public transport or checking into a hotel; visiting attractions and exploring Paris; going out to restaurants and going shopping in the French capital.
This elementary level course looks at the language you might need when spending a week on holiday in France, including renting a car and arriving at a gîte; shopping at the market; meeting the neighbours; dealing with problems at the gîte; visiting the doctors; dealing with lost property or thefts; booking excursions; exploring the area; writing a postcard about your week in France and going out.
This intermediate course imagines a situation where you are renting an apartment in France for a month and the vocabulary and phrases you may need: from finding an apartment; dealing with any problems in the apartment; understanding the news on the radio; inviting the neighbours for a drink; visiting the doctor and pharmacy; going to a movie; making a complaint at the bank or in a shop); visiting the local market and meeting artisans; attending local activities and events and understanding community blogs and forums.
The courses are all 15 hours, usually spread over a week with lessons taking place every morning from 9.30am until 12.30pm. Classes are between 6 and 14 students and cost £180.
The courses are running on:
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 8 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 9 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
Find out more on the Institut Français website