Mortgage Tip Of The Month
Take a look at this month's essential mortgage tip brought to you by Conti, specialists in overseas mortgages…
Following better than expected UK economic growth in the third quarter and a rise in the value of sterling, economists are predicting that interest rates could rise sooner than expected, especially if inflation is to be curbed.
This is potentially good news if you’ve financed your overseas property purchase with a euromortgage, or if you’re planning to do this in the near future. If, as experts predict, sterling continues to appreciate against the euro, this could reduce the size of your mortgage debt.
Even if you’re lucky enough to be a cash buyer, it may be worth taking out a euro mortgage until the exchange rate gets better, at which point you can pay it back.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn