Bumper ski season for property owners in the French Alps
- Credit: Archant
A second large snowfall in as many weeks has raised hopes of a bumper season in the Alps where around a metre has fallen in recent days, with almost five metres predicted in some areas.
The news has prompted interest in French Alpine ski properties for sale midway between Chamonix and Argentière – just 90 minutes from Geneva airport by road – particularly among Britons who enjoy holidaying in the region all year round.
Off-plan sales are already underway at Chalet Hannah, a single typically Savoyard chalet of six south-facing apartments with balconies offering dramatic valley views planned by leading developer MGM French Properties.
The apartments will feature contemporary kitchens and bathrooms designed to blend in with the natural local materials used by MGM, including wood, stone and granite.
“This is a great location for would-be buyers who enjoy golf as much as skiing,” says Richard Deans in MGM’s London office.
“Nearby is Chamonix Golf Club with its 18-hole course designed by golf course architect Robert Trent Jones Senior. It occupies a picturesque setting between the Mont-Blanc range and the massif of the Aiguille Rouges.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
“Chalet Hannah is also close to the cable car connecting the Chamonix Valley with the La Flégère ski area which caters for skiers at almost all levels of ability. Beyond the cable car, which lifts skiers to an altitude of 1,900 metres, a chairlift takes them higher to 2,600 metres.”
Off-plan prices of the freehold two-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments start at €555,000 for a two-bedroom apartment with a floor area of 65 sq metres rising to €715,000 for a four-bedroom duplex property. All the properties come with underground parking, a ski locker and a cellar which are included in the price.