7 popular French Youtubers to watch to improve your French
- Credit: Jane Kelly/Getty
Improve your French while having fun with these Youtube stars
Fashion and Beauty – EnjoyPhoenix
France’s own Zoella, Marie Lopez is a 25-year-old vlogger extraordinaire. As well as covering the standard hair and make-up tutorials, homemade facemask recipes and day-in-the-life videos, Marie also broaches more harrowing topics, including her heartbreaking experience of bullying at school and her struggles with body issues. Check out EnjoyPhoenix’s channel
Comedy – Norman fait des vidéos
Norman’s wicked sense of humour transcends languages – his most popular videos have tens of millions of views each. He thrives on making the mundane funny – some of his most-viewed videos revolve around simple themes such as ‘Avoir un chat’ (owning a cat) and ‘Les Toilettes’ (the bathroom).
History – Nota Bene
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 8 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
The coolest history teacher you’ll meet! Benjamin Brillaud takes us on a historical tour de France (and beyond) with his fantastic videos for history buffs of all levels. For French learners, he speaks clearly and not too fast – useful for picking up new history-related vocabulary.
Children – Monde des Titounis
Younger children will love to get their first taste of French with the colourful world of the Titounis, a cheery cast of animals who sing and dance. Choose from cute nursery rhymes, fairy tales and bedtime stories, created by a mother from the south of France with an artistic flair.
Cooking – ChocMiel
Learn to cook quick and easy French treats on this fantastic channel for the amateur cook. The host, Chocmiel, uploads videos almost every day, so there’s plenty to choose from: how about courgette quiche de maman, mousse au chocolat or the perennial favourite of traditional French crêpes?
Films – Le Fossoyeur de Films
Having made videos since 2012, François Theurel is one of France’s most popular film Youtubers, spreading his love for all things cinema online. One of their best series is called Cinema Trips, where they visit different places that have become stars of global cinema, including Switzerland, Ireland and North Africa.
Comedy – Natoo
Part of the French comedy collective Studio Bagel, Natoo (Nathalie Odzierejko) used to be a police officer until she became a full-time actress and Youtuber. Her videos are extremely relatable (don’t miss her one about being under lockdown) and as well as sketches and vlogs, she also makes hilarious music videos.
Liked this article? You might also like...