5 ways to say ‘I love you’ in French
Feeling romantic? Express your emotions in French, the language of love
This is the standard way to say ‘I love you’.
This phrase translates as ‘I adore you’.
T’es l’amour de ma vie
This is used to express your heartfelt love for your other half and translates as ‘you’re the love of my life’.
- 1 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 2 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 7 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 8 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 9 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
Je suis fou amoureux de toi
This vivid expression translates as ‘I am madly in love with you’.
Mon coeur bat la chamade pour toi
This almost poetic expression translates as ‘My heart beats loudly for you’.