French Property: The most popular houses for sale in January 2022
- Credit: Archant
January is a busy month for real estate, with a 'new year - new home' way of thinking sparking property searches across the globe, and if you find your dream French property in January, you can hope to be moved in by Spring, so get ready to embrace those warmer months and more relaxed way of life...
Here are the most popular properties on our market-leading French property website France Property Shop
Top keywords of the month
Lake - Perhaps buyers are wanting to do a spot of fishing at home, or just wanting to be near a public lake
Most popular properties of the month
1. A three-bedroom house in Moncontour, Vienne
Money, money, money... One of the most popular filters used on France Property Shop is 'maximum price' and this property sits comfortably in the most popular price bracket of under €100,000.
On the border with the department of Deux-Sèvres and 50km north-west of Poitiers, in a small commune called Moncontour, this three-bedroom house is the ideal holiday home for those wanting space and a considerable garden of just under an acre. The bedrooms upstairs share a balcony and other than modernising the decor and improving the energy rating, it looks more than ready to be moved into. There’s also the added bonus of that attached garage to keep a car locked and safe while you’re away.
On the market for €75,000 with Rue de la Paix Immo
2. A three-bedroom house in Ruffec, Charente
Quite often buyers are looking for houses that are ready to be moved into, but that's not to say they don't want something that has space for a bit of work if it takes their fancy. This property offers just that, with a three-bedroom house with nice garden and a stone barn to renovate. It would make a great gite business as it's near to the popular town of Ruffec in the evidently popular department of Charente. On the market for €129,000 with Agence TIC Ruffec
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
3. A four-bedroom house in Villefagnan, Charente
This beautiful maison de maitre-style four-bedroom home, which was once a schoolhouse, is in a lovely private setting, with almost two hectares of mature grounds. It peers over the impressive swimming pool and summer kitchen with barbecue area, and the inside has been tastefully decorated to offer four bedrooms plus potential to create further rooms on the top floor.
On the market for €348,150 with Berland Bennett
Most popular properties on social media
Here were the top properties on our social media in January: