13 reasons to buy the September 2018 issue of French Property News
- Credit: Archant
The new issue of French Property News is out! Exploring a different, more relaxed ‘Riviera’, unearthing the mysteries of bread ovens and shutter dogs and hearing from expats about learning French and finding the perfect place to buy a holiday home in France. Here’s why you should buy a copy…
1. Escape the crowds of the Riviera to Occitanie’s coast
We explore the coastlines of Pyrénées-Orientales, Aude and Hérault to find quieter beaches, little fishing ports and more affordable property.
2. Does your property have an old bread oven?
Find out more about the history of traditional French bread ovens and learn how to maintain one.
3. Step inside a stunning renovation
This former 18th-century olive mill in Provence has been transformed into a beautiful home
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
4. What’s the French property market like at the moment?
In our latest report, we find out British buyers are hurried but not worried and extra agents are being drafted in to cope with demand
5. Explore Vienne
A local estate agent hops into her car and takes a road trip in the environs of Poitiers
6. Don’t give up on learning French
Tips on learning French from someone who’s had her fair share of embarrassment
7. Is Antibes the perfect place for a second home?
One expat thinks so and she shares her love of this Mediterranean port and how to afford a bolthole in the south of France
8. Discover the Crozon peninsula
This beautiful area offers coastal and estuary landscapes and has plenty to tempt househunters.
9. Agency fees explained
Just because they are higher in France than in the UK does not necessarily mean you will pay over the odds.
10. Explore the historic centre of Paris
The French capital has not always looked the way it does today and we’ve unearthed the foundations of the City of Light.
11. Find your perfect French home
From barn conversions and Tolkienesque gîtes to a manor house used by a famous artists and a Riviera retreat, there are hundreds of properties for you to browse.
12. Top tips for removals
10 tips on how to enjoy a smooth move to France
13. Who is the shutter dog shepherdess?
We go deep in an investigation to learn who the figure of the shepherdess on French shutter dogs represents.
What are you waiting for? You can buy the September 2018 issue of French Property News here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!