Room for all the family in this Brittany home
- Credit: Archant
Sean Reeve, of LBV Immo, explains why this lovely French home on the market for €499,200 in central Brittany, is such a favourite of his
I have assisted numerous people over the years achieve their dream of moving to France, and many have wanted not only their own personal slice of the good life but also needed to earn their living. This property provides both those opportunities at the same time which is why it ticks so many boxes for me.
I love the style and the history of the 18th century farmhouse, which acts as the owner’s main residence, as it has the cosy character features that everyone looks for in a Breton home.
The property is situated amidst beautiful countryside all around and within its own private grounds, with beautiful landscaped gardens which have been meticulously maintained over the years.
The three fully equipped gîtes offer a ready-made income opportunity, or as I know from my own experience allow you to have several generations of the same family living on one site, guarding their own privacy but sharing many aspects of real family life.
In my instance, that would be jettisoning the five-year-old daughter (going on 15) with her grandparents whilst I go for an evening stroll with my wife and drink in the surroundings. Or maybe drink in a glass or two of the famous Breton aperitif, a lovely cold Kir (chilled white wine with a dash of Cassis – try it now if you never have!).
It is the property’s appeal for the whole extended family which makes it so special for me. The events of the last 12 months have shown how important family life is and in my own experience, gîte complexes whilst allowing for income potential, also have the advantage of enabling an extended family to make the move together.
This property, on the market for €499,200, provides all the advantages of some communal living and none of the disadvantages of being too close for comfort. You are spoilt for choice with outside activities: a heated swimming pool, soft play area and boules court – something to entertain everyone.
Being slap bang in central Brittany, it’s just half an hour from Carhaix, famous for its unmissable Vieille Charrue huge music festival each July, and within an hour of beautiful beaches on all sides – Perros-Guirec in the north: beautiful Pentrez to the west: picturesque Saint-Quay-Portrieux to the east and of course the Gulf of Morbihan to the south. What’s not to like?
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
Tel: 0033 (0)2 96 29 19 23
Discover more dream homes in French Property News magazine