Five festive French homes
- Credit: Archant
These cosy properties on the market would be the perfect place to spend Christmas
€795,000, Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine
Christmas dinners would be taken to another level in this place! Currently run as a successful gîte business, this magnificent 16-bedroom château in Dordogne is set in 28 acres of grounds and comes with four guest houses, two pools and more outbuildings than you can shake a stick at - and it's less than €800,000.
On the market with My French House
€585,000, Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine
Houses don't get much cosier than this. 20 minutes from the town of Sarlat in Dordogne is this four-bedroom home, which has a perfect balance of tasteful luxury and comfy cottage. Although you might not make much use of the swimming pool in winter, you could have a brisk stroll around your 1.7 hectares of land before warming up by that lovely fireplace.
On the market with Sextant
€179,000, Hérault, Occitanie
Who says it has to be cold to be festive? This lovely little house is in a pretty village half an hour from Béziers in the south of France, and has three bedrooms, cosy living areas and a little terrace, rare for a property like this. Winters could be spent taking part in village festivities and cooking up a storm in that traditional kitchen.
On the market with Artaxa
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 7 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
€845,000, Combloux, Haute-Savoie
Who wouldn't want to wake up on Christmas morning and see snow-capped mountains out of their bedroom window? This beautiful five-bedroom chalet in Combloux would be an idyllic place to get the family together for the festive season.
On the market with My Dream Home Alps
€69,000, Morbihan, Brittany
We've featured this cottage on the website and in the magazine before, but how could we not, it's just so sweet! Imagine spending Christmases tucked away in this little home with a sprinkling of snow on the garden…
On the market with Agence Newton
For more cosy abodes, check out FrancePropertyShop.com above
You might also like: