The Connaught Hotel opens a new French pâtisserie
- Credit: Archant
You can now enjoy a French pâtisserie fix at the luxury hotel in London’s Mayfair
Travelling to France might not be an option at the moment but you don’t need a passport to enjoy a taste of French pâtisserie, especially if you live in London. The latest addition to the capital’s French food scene, The Connaught Pâtisserie has opened at the landmark hotel and showcases the talents of executive pastry chef Nicholas Rouzaud and his team.
Located at the side of the hotel with its own separate entrance on Mount Street, the new pâtisserie will offer a tempting seasonal selection that includes a classic Paris-Brest and St-Honoré alongside lemon madeleines, walnut financiers and chouquettes, while other options such as the yuzu and honeycomb éclair will feature more contemporary ingredients. And making temptation even harder to resist, there’s also a special exclusive from The River Café – its decadent Chocolate Nemesis will be hand-delivered daily to The Connaught Pâtisserie where it will be available somewhere other than The River Café for the first time. Meanwhile the Connaught hound that appears on the hotel’s emblem will sit on the counter in the form of a chocolate hazelnut signature pâtisserie.
With a signature colour as sweet as the pastries and cakes it sells, The Connaught Pâtisserie’s pink theme begins with the flag flying outside and continues into the rose-hued interior, where you can enjoy your treat of choice with a cup of tea or coffee or push the boat out even further and order a glass of champagne. An eye-catching clock tells the time in pâtisserie rather than hours and minutes, telling customers what they can expect and when, from morning croissants to afternoon gâteaux.
A bespoke celebration cake design service is also available with home delivery offered in Mayfair.
The Connaught Pâtisserie is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday. Delivery is available in W1.
You might also like....
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 6 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 7 Northern France: 5 places to visit for a short break from the UK
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 Can I disinherit my children?
- 10 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system