Recipe: Raw Chocolate Tart
- Credit: Archant
Whether you are giving Veganuary a try or follow a gluten-free diet, this luscious plant-based dessert from the Wild Recipes cookbook is bursting with flavour
Globetrotting, health-food-loving entrepreneur Emma Sawko is passionate about making great food that is as good for you as it is for the planet and runs the Wild & The Moon restaurants in Paris, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
In her new cookbook, Wild & The Moon’s team of chefs, nutritionists and naturopaths have crafted 120 superfood-enriched recipes, along with notes on associated health and beauty benefits.
Wild & The Moon restaurants, which can be found in Place du Marché, Saint-Honoré; Rue Charlot; Rue des Gravilliers; Rue Amelot; Rue du Helder; Rue du Plâtre and Rue de Charenton in Paris, are lauded for their organic, plant-based, gluten-free, no additives, no preservatives and zero plastic concept.
For the crust:
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 8 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 9 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
7oz (200g) date paste
Scant 1 cup (6oz/160g) toasted hazelnuts
3½oz (100g) gluten-free rolled oats
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp (15g) coconut oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground cinnamon
For the filling:
1½ cups (9oz/250g) cashews, pre-soaked in cold water for eight hours
? cup (2½ oz/70g) coconut oil
3½ tbsp (70g) maple syrup
Scant ½ cup (1¾ oz/50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
? cup (150ml) water
1 pinch ground vanilla bean
1 pinch ground cinnamon
3oz (75g) dark chocolate
Unsweetened shredded coconut for sprinkling
Edible flowers, washed
1. To make the crust, blend all the ingredients together until they resemble coarse crumbs. Press the crumbs together with your hands to make a dough, shape it into a ball and roll out into a round large enough to line an 11-inch (28cm) tart pan or tart ring set on a cookie sheet. Chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
2. To make the filling, drain the cashews and rinse well. Process all the ingredients together, except the chocolate, until smooth and creamy. Chop the chocolate and melt it in a bain-marie or a bowl set over a pan of just simmering water.
3. When melted, stir until smooth and then gradually fold it into the creamy mixture with a spatula. Spread the filling evenly over the chilled crust and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Serve the tart sprinkled with shredded coconut and decorated with a few edible flowers.
Wild Recipes: Plant-Based, Organic, Gluten-Free, Delicious by Emma Sawko, £25, (Flammarion, 2020)
You might also like