Recipe: Cherry Clafoutis
This classic fruit tart is easy to create and makes a perfect pudding for al fresco summer dining
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 25 min
75g caster sugar, plus extra for preparing the baking dish
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
40g plain flour
100ml double cream
225g cherries, stoned
Icing sugar for decoration
If cherries are not readily available available, the same amount of any other soft fruit may be used instead.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas mark 4.
- Lightly butter a large baking dish and sprinkle with a tablespoonful or so of caster sugar to coat the inside.
- Make the batter – whisk together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, whisk to mix, and then whisk in the double cream followed by the milk. Leave to stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Scatter the cherries in the dish and pour over the batter. Bake for up to 25 minutes, or until the batter is just firm.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little before dusting with icing sugar to serve.