Michelin-star French chef offers new home delivery service
- Credit: Helene Darroze at The Connaught
You can now enjoy a Michelin-star dining experience in your own kitchen with Hélène Darroze’s new ‘Hélène à La Maison’ service from her eponymous London restaurant
Michelin-star French chef Hélène Darroze has launched a new home delivery service from her eponymous restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught. Available from now until January 2021, the ‘Hélène à La Maison’ service will be delivering a specially designed five-course gastronomic menu for two, offering the dining experience of the Mayfair restaurant at your own kitchen table.
The five courses on the ‘Hélène à La Maison’ menu, which will change after the festive season, include foie gras with celeriac, apple and pear chutney; hand-harvested XXL scallops; Hélène’s vol au vent ‘A La Française’ with lobster; a cheese course of Ossau-Iraty from the French Basque Country served with pâté and crackers; and a decadent chocolate mousse dessert. Also included are bread and butter, gougères and an end-of-meal canelé cake, one of the restaurant’s
most famous finishing touches, all delivered in origami lotus-style boxes.
Should you want to add to the gourmet experience, additional extras can also be ordered, including caviar served with sea urchin and cauliflower, potato gnocchi with white truffle, and Héléne’s signature Baba served with armagnac and lemongrass chantilly. Recommended wine pairings and Krug champagne are available too.
“We look forward to spreading a little bit of positivity and joy with our food, even further than Mayfair, and into people’s homes,” said Hélène, who began her career working for Alain Ducasse and replaced Angela Hartnett as chef at London’s The Connaught in 2008.
The five-course menu for two people starts at £180. It is available Wednesday-Saturday from 3-6pm for collection or delivery. The menu must be ordered 24 hours in advance. Orders can be placed online, by email or by phone on 0203 147 7200.
- 1 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 2 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 3 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 4 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 5 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 8 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 9 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
You might also like.....