Michelin-star French chef offers new home delivery service
- Credit: Helene Darroze at The Connaught
You can now enjoy a Michelin-star dining experience in your own kitchen with Hélène Darroze’s new ‘Hélène à La Maison’ service from her eponymous London restaurant
Michelin-star French chef Hélène Darroze has launched a new home delivery service from her eponymous restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught. Available from now until January 2021, the ‘Hélène à La Maison’ service will be delivering a specially designed five-course gastronomic menu for two, offering the dining experience of the Mayfair restaurant at your own kitchen table.
The five courses on the ‘Hélène à La Maison’ menu, which will change after the festive season, include foie gras with celeriac, apple and pear chutney; hand-harvested XXL scallops; Hélène’s vol au vent ‘A La Française’ with lobster; a cheese course of Ossau-Iraty from the French Basque Country served with pâté and crackers; and a decadent chocolate mousse dessert. Also included are bread and butter, gougères and an end-of-meal canelé cake, one of the restaurant’s
most famous finishing touches, all delivered in origami lotus-style boxes.
Should you want to add to the gourmet experience, additional extras can also be ordered, including caviar served with sea urchin and cauliflower, potato gnocchi with white truffle, and Héléne’s signature Baba served with armagnac and lemongrass chantilly. Recommended wine pairings and Krug champagne are available too.
“We look forward to spreading a little bit of positivity and joy with our food, even further than Mayfair, and into people’s homes,” said Hélène, who began her career working for Alain Ducasse and replaced Angela Hartnett as chef at London’s The Connaught in 2008.
The five-course menu for two people starts at £180. It is available Wednesday-Saturday from 3-6pm for collection or delivery. The menu must be ordered 24 hours in advance. Orders can be placed online, by email or by phone on 0203 147 7200.
- 1 Complete France Advent Calendar Competition 2021
- 2 What Covid tests and paperwork do I need for travel to France?
- 3 A guide to the Brittany town of Morlaix
- 4 Stephen Clarke: Why I can’t celebrate Christmas like the French do
- 5 5 ways to integrate into your new community in France
- 6 Travel vloggers visit ‘elegant and charming’ Nice in the South of France
- 7 How to find a dream home in France without leaving your sofa
- 8 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 9 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
You might also like.....