Delicious French desserts delivered to your door
- Credit: Archant
A French restaurant in the UK can deliver authentic delights including chocolate tarts, Paris-Brest and mille-feuille with salted caramel to be enjoyed at home
Influenced by the dining culture of the French Riviera, a recently opened London restaurant and bar has branched out to launch new pâtisserie brand Petite FOLIE.
FOLIE, in Golden Square, was founded by Guillaume Depoix and opened in Soho in November 2019. It offers a taste of the Riviera from Marseille to Nice with interiors which recreate the glamour of the 1960s and 1970s.
Some of its dishes are also available to take away and for those with a sweet tooth, the restaurant has now launched a pâtisserie brand which is available to order through a direct delivery service from the restaurant, as well as for collection.
FOLIE’s Head Pastry Chef Valérie Morton and Executive Head Chef Christophe Marleix, who previously worked at Hôtel Plaza Athénée in Paris and The Dorchester in London, have specially designed a menu filled with French gourmet delights executed ‘à la minute’ for quality and freshness.
The menu includes traditional classics such as a vanilla mille-feuille with salted caramel, an apple tarte tatin for one or two for sharing and a hazelnut and almond Paris-Brest, alongside a selection of weekly new creations.
For the festive season, Petite FOLIE is also offering a collection of indulgent chocolate and lemon tarts for up to eight guests, the ideal gift for family gatherings, birthday celebrations and Christmas festivities.
- 1 Travel vloggers visit ‘elegant and charming’ Nice in the South of France
- 2 Complete France Advent Calendar Competition 2021
- 3 7 project properties to renovate in France for under €20,000
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Guide to social etiquette in France
- 6 Want to invest in a summer holiday let in France? Consider a cheap ski resort
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 How to find a dream home in France without leaving your sofa
- 10 5 festive French properties: Cute Cottages for sale in France
In line with French tradition, the pâtisserie is also preparing for Galette des Rois season with their exquisite take on the French classic enjoyed in January, complete with rich puff pastry and almond frangipane. The cake is traditionally shared at Epiphany (6 January) in France to celebrate the arrival of the three kings to Bethlehem.
Petite FOLIE is open for collection and takeaway from Tuesday to Saturday from noon to 10pm and also for direct delivery within five miles of the restaurant or within 2.5 miles via premium delivery service SUPPER. Pre-ordering is advised.
You might also like