Delicious French desserts delivered to your door
- Credit: Archant
A French restaurant in the UK can deliver authentic delights including chocolate tarts, Paris-Brest and mille-feuille with salted caramel to be enjoyed at home
Influenced by the dining culture of the French Riviera, a recently opened London restaurant and bar has branched out to launch new pâtisserie brand Petite FOLIE.
FOLIE, in Golden Square, was founded by Guillaume Depoix and opened in Soho in November 2019. It offers a taste of the Riviera from Marseille to Nice with interiors which recreate the glamour of the 1960s and 1970s.
Some of its dishes are also available to take away and for those with a sweet tooth, the restaurant has now launched a pâtisserie brand which is available to order through a direct delivery service from the restaurant, as well as for collection.
FOLIE’s Head Pastry Chef Valérie Morton and Executive Head Chef Christophe Marleix, who previously worked at Hôtel Plaza Athénée in Paris and The Dorchester in London, have specially designed a menu filled with French gourmet delights executed ‘à la minute’ for quality and freshness.
The menu includes traditional classics such as a vanilla mille-feuille with salted caramel, an apple tarte tatin for one or two for sharing and a hazelnut and almond Paris-Brest, alongside a selection of weekly new creations.
For the festive season, Petite FOLIE is also offering a collection of indulgent chocolate and lemon tarts for up to eight guests, the ideal gift for family gatherings, birthday celebrations and Christmas festivities.
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
In line with French tradition, the pâtisserie is also preparing for Galette des Rois season with their exquisite take on the French classic enjoyed in January, complete with rich puff pastry and almond frangipane. The cake is traditionally shared at Epiphany (6 January) in France to celebrate the arrival of the three kings to Bethlehem.
Petite FOLIE is open for collection and takeaway from Tuesday to Saturday from noon to 10pm and also for direct delivery within five miles of the restaurant or within 2.5 miles via premium delivery service SUPPER. Pre-ordering is advised.
You might also like