- Credit: Archant
Advertorial for FRANCE Magazine
We are a small, specialist cycling holiday centre based at the foothills of the Vercors mountain range in South-Eastern France, south of Grenoble and north of Provence.
Situated in a quiet corner in the charming town of St.Jean-en-Royans with its wonderful array of cafes, restaurants, a weekly market and small specialist shops, including four bakers producing the most delicious home cooked bread and cakes daily.
It is the region where Roger (one half of Velo Vercors) finished his 12 year International and GB cycling career with a local club, also home to Charly Mottet - Yellow Jersey winner in the Tour de France.
We live here full time, are passionate about the region and cycling and have an intimate knowledge of the best cycling routes.
What is so special about this region is the ever changing landscapes within a very short distance; from the Alpine climbs, gorges, and high plateaux, to the rolling hills of the Drome to the flatter Isere Valley. It offers an endless choice of routes for the Elite Athlete wanting an Alpine challenge, to families wanting an active holiday to the enthusiastic convert.
We have routes to satisfy all levels of fitness and all our routes are chosen for their quietness, well surfaced roads, spectacular views, endless photo opportunities and great coffee and lunch stops.
- 1 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 2 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 3 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
Our location is approximately mid way between the Alp d’Huez and Mont Ventoux and we offer day trips to both these Iconic mountains.
We offer self-catered and B&B accommodation, home cooked meals and hearty breakfasts.
Bike hire, massage, free wifi are among the other services we offer.
Above all we offer a warm, personal welcome to all our guests with the sole purpose of making sure they have a wonderful cycling holiday.
We have excellent Trip Advisor reviews and have featured in The Sunday Times Travel, Guardian and Independent newspapers.
Velo Vercors: Roger Dunne and Teresa Harte www.velovercors.com Tel: 0033 (0)6 4 75 71 35 50