Valentine’s Day in Paris
- Credit: Archant
Choose from our list of romantic alternatives for an unusual Valentine’s Day in the French capital
Spend the evening at a museum
The Musée Rodin is holding a Soirée Love on Valentine's Day to celebrate the sensual works of French sculptor Rodin, including his sculpture The Kiss. Take a romantic stroll in the gardens enjoying the jazz music and read poetry and love letters among the scultptures. Tickets are €20 plus booking fee.
Watch a film in a 1930s cinema
Book in for a night at the independent picture house La Pagode that was converted from a Japanese pagoda into a cinema in the 1930s. Effortlessly evoking romance with its red velvet seats and decorative columns, it’s an atmospheric setting to catch an art-house or classic films.
Drink champagne in a Parisian wine bar
Find a local haunt to pop open a bottle of bubbly and the rest of the evening is sure to run smoothly – try the chic wine bar Legrand Filles et Fils on Rue de la Banque in the 2nd arrondissement where among characterful wood panels and low lighting you can share a bottle from the winery’s extensive range along with some simple charcuterie and cheeses.
Get pampered in a spa
- 1 Provence comes to Paris in the Atelier des Lumières’ 2022 exhibition
- 2 Carol Drinkwater: A tribute to the French baguette
- 3 What Covid tests and paperwork do I need for travel to France?
- 4 Emily in Paris: 3 Parisian apartments for sale that remind us of the popular Netflix show
- 5 French property: Where is best to invest?
- 6 Visit Notre-Dame cathedral in a new virtual reality experience
- 7 The beautiful Aude: Holidays in Castelnaudary, home of cassoulet and the Canal du Midi.
- 8 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 9 Dick and Angel Strawbridge launch The Chateau Kitchen cookbook
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Take time out of sightseeing for some luxurious pampering at Spa 28, set in the vaulted cellars of an 18th-century building not far from the Sorbonne. Book in for a massage and enjoy one hour’s free access to the swimming pool, hammam, pool and Jacuzzi.
Enjoy a picnic along the Canal Saint-Martin
Choose a space along the tranquil and picturesque Canal Saint-Martin, in the northeast of the city, to spread a blanket and settle down for some French nibbles. Fans of the film Amélie may recognise the iron footbridges as the backdrop of various scenes. Flanked by bohemian cafes and shops, there are plenty of places to pick up your alfresco eats; try the Épicerie Musicales just nearby.
Need more Valentine's Day ideas?