March 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the latest issue of FRANCE Magazine, we suss out 25 top cafés to sit and watch the world go by in Paris, uncover hotels with spectacular views, go treasure hunting at antiques markets in L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and find the best restaurants in northern Burgundy
25 Top Paris Cafés
Whether you want a decadent up of chocolat chaud with a crunchy macaron in an elegant salon de thé or a standard café on a quiet terrasse, our guide will leave you spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing your Paris café.
Where to stay… for a great view
This month’s accommodation feature centres on great places to stay in France for a self-catered holiday. Whether it’s a lakeside retreat, rural hideaway or Mediterranean villa we bring you the places where the view will take your breath away.
Land of the Troglodytes
Caves are not the first type of residence that spring to mind when you think of the Loire Valley. However, the local limestone, formed from the compression of sand particles and fossilised organisms over millions of years, is the stone once used by inhabitants to build homes that would be warm in the winter and refreshingly cool in the summer. In this full-length feature we explore how troglodyte caves are a common feature of the area between Angers and Saumur and now serve as everything from hotels and museums to a winery and an animal park.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
Plus, we visit the thriving town of Lens in Pas-de-Calais, one of several cities hosting the EURO 2016 football matches, retrace the life of literary master Marcel Proust, explore the history behind France’s favourite sweets and hear from acclaimed author and actress Carol Drinkwater about a Parisian market trader’s royal encounter
Buy the March issue of FRANCE Magazine here.