Walking in Boulogne
Discover more of the Boulonnais region with this new app for English-speaking visitors ADVERTORIAL FEATURE
This year the Boulonnais tourist board have put together a new app for their English-speaking visitors with ten walking trails to discover the local area; each lovingly preserved by the Caps et Marais d’Opale Natural Park. You ‘ll find all routes and practical information on the app and there’s also an accompanying leaflet in English in case you prefer a hard copy!
The best thing about the Boulogne-sur-mer area is that everything is within easy reach: the coast and the countryside. The rolling hills, secret forests, mountains, hiking trails and numerous little footpaths. So many places to explore whatever the weather!
A maze of footpaths lead you through picturesque countryside and a walk along the Denacre Valley will lead you through lush greenery scattered with old stone buildings.
You’ll stumble upon waterfalls, remains of old mills taking you back to a bygone era. Information panels have been set up along certain routes to give walkers some background information on the surrounding countryside. The Baincthun Stone footpath combines the rich history and architecture with nature taking you around old quarries, unveiling the beauty of the region’s traditional old buildings.
The state owned forests extend over 3,000 hectares to be enjoyed by all. Want to feel at one with nature ? There are several options ! La Capelle – the green heart of the Boulonnais region, Ecault – offering sand dunes and forest, Hardelot, famed for its majestic pine trees.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced