Still looking for a place to escape to this summer?
Every day, Boulogne-sur-Mer and its surrounding area welcome visitors and locals with festivities, markets, and summer events. With something for everyone, you’re sure to find the activity to suit you.
Every day, Boulogne-sur-Mer and its surrounding area welcome visitors and locals with festivities, markets, and summer events.
With something for everyone, you’re sure to find the activity to suit you.
For food lovers
Boulogne-sur-Mer: local food market on Wednesday and Saturday mornings, Place Dalton. The fish market held every day at the port (weather dependent).
Wimereux and Le Portel-Plage: on Tuesday and Friday mornings, in the town centre
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 4 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
Hardelot: � Dimanche Gourmands � - come and discover the area’s local produce on Sunday mornings in the town centre.
Le Portel-Plage: Not to be missed!
Two dates over the summer are key to local gastronomy:
- 1 August, F�te de la moule - Either with cream, curry or with wine, enjoy a steaming vat of mussels in Boulogne’s brasseries. The more adventurous might prefer to have a look on the beach rocks and pick the mussels themselves!
- 22 August, F�te du Welsh - A cheese-made dish similar to rarebit, this Boulogne speciality could almost be English as it’s made with cheddar cheese and Worcester sauce. Want to know more about it? Visit the cheesemaker Philippe Olivier on rue Thiers in Boulogne-sur-Mer.
For sea lovers
Le Portel-Plage, Fishing on the Flobart
- 21 August
Join us to discover the area’s maritime heritage and go for a fishing experience in a local boat.
For tradition lovers
- 28-29 of August, Grande procession de Notre-Dame - Religious procession
Dressed up as local fishermen, pilgrims celebrate the mysterious arrival of the statue of the Virgin Mary from the sea.
For more information about Boulogne’s Maritime Heritage, visit La Maison de la Beuri�re (original fishermen's house).
Tel : (Fr) 3 21 30 14 52
For fun lovers
- 15 August, Summer Cavalcade
Every year a musical and festive parades takes place on the streets of Boulogne-sur-Mer. It lasts all day and finishes with a free open-air concert in the Nausica� national sea centre park. www.nausicaa.fr
Penguins at the Nausica� national sea centre park.
For culture and history lovers
- 17 August
Celebration of the160th anniversary of General San Martin’s death.
- 21 August
Anglophone market in Hardelot castle.
For sports lovers
- 21-22 August, car rally.
For more information please visit the Boulogne-sur-Mer tourist board.
For golf lovers
- 1-8 August, International golf week
Other golf courses in the region also welcoming visitors include Golf des Pins, Golf des Dunes and Golf de Wimereux.
For more information on local events in Boulogne-sur-Mer and the surrounding area including Wimereux, Hardelot, and Le Portel-Plage, visit www.tourisme-boulonnais.com.
Tel: (Fr) 3 21 10 36 07
Email : email@example.com