Hip new hotel and café opens in Paris
- Credit: Archant
Le Grand Quartier has a hotel, café, studios, shop and rooftop terrace situated around a large, central garden
At the heart of the vibrant 10th arrondissement in Paris a stylish new hotel has opened its doors, designed to appeal to both Parisians and visitors from all around the world.
Le Grand Quartier, in rue de Nancy, has 83 rooms and three suites, as well as a café which is open all day serving charcuterie platters, cakes from the pâtisserie next door along with coffee by La Brûlerie de Belleville and cocktails by Le Syndicat bar by night.
Its bright rooms look out over rue de Nancy or the garden and have an elegant work desk and earthenware bathrooms, in a nod to loft apartment style.
Le Grand Quartier is the first French project of interior designers Joyce Urbanus and Dax Roll, founders of Amsterdam-based Nicemakers Agency, who were inspired by the creative atmosphere of the Paris neighbourhood, as well as its location near Canal Saint-Martin.
They wanted to create somewhere where people could connect and meet each other easily and have incorporated three meeting rooms, a space for pop-up shops and artists, a gym and mini-market to complement the four-star hotel.
The garden is at the heart of the development, providing a haven in an otherwise busy, urban environment. While the rooftop terrace enjoys a view over the rooftops and historic buildings of the 10th arrondissment and will also be the location for yoga classes in summer.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 5 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 6 Can I disinherit my children?
- 7 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 8 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 9 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
- 10 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
Packages at Le Grand Quartier include a romantic weekend with two nights' accommodation in a garden view room, a light breakfast, a picnic for two and a two-hour drive in a 2CV.
Also available to book soon will be a family offer including two nights in two connecting rooms with museum passes valid for 48 hours and a packed lunch for four people.
Le Grand Quartier is a six-minute walk from Gare de l'Est and Gare du Nord, where Eurostar trains arrive, is only an 11-minute walk away. Prices start from €146 for a Cocoon room.
You might also like