Family Piknik unleashes grand bonanza of closing parties for 10th anniversary
- Credit: Patrick Ortega
Sète and Béziers in the south of France will host the grand finale of two closing parties
Family Piknik festival pulled out all the stops to celebrate its 10th anniversary this year with not one but three main events, with the party set to continue with a grand finale of two closing parties in Sète and Béziers.
The sold-out electronic music festival saw up to 11,500 party goers come together over two days on 7 and 8 August, most of whom came from abroad, as well as regular attendees from the region.
“The event was a huge success thanks to recent guidelines regarding the sanitary health pass, for those who are double vaccinated against Covid-19, which made access to the festival easier. Everybody was in great spirits and so happy to be back with smiles all round. It was a sight to behold and we were delighted with the ambience,” said Ludovic Rambaud, spokesperson, Family Piknik.
The weekend saw some famous DJs fly in to celebrate the event including; Artbat, Kiko, Citizen Kane, Tom Pooks, Adana Twins, Bedouin, WEHBBA Live, Adam Beyer, and Dutch DJ Reinier Zonneveld, one of the best-selling and most supported techno producers of the moment.
But the surprise of the summer was the announcement that Family Piknik will be holding two more festivals to celebrate the finale; for those who couldn’t attend due to a limit on numbers, these will be a party set onboard a stage on a boat with DJ Tom Pooks (founder, Family Piknik) in Sète, on 18 September and a closing party in Béziers with German DJ and record producer, Boris Brejcha on 9 October.
The 56m-long boat moored at Quai du Maroc, in Sète, is nicknamed ‘Roquerols’, referring to the lighthouse of the Thau lagoon, and pays homage to Georges Brassens, iconic French singer-songwriter and poet, where it hosts shows, concerts and exhibitions on the Quay.
- 1 We still want to escape to the château – but maybe not to do a Dick and Angel!
- 2 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 3 My France: Taggart and Two Doors Down actor Alex Norton's love of Languedoc
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 Carol Drinkwater: A tribute to the French baguette
- 6 What Covid tests and paperwork do I need for travel to France?
- 7 9 dreamy châteaux for sale in France for budgets starting at €200,000
- 8 Dick and Angel Strawbridge launch The Chateau Kitchen cookbook
- 9 French property: Where is best to invest?
- 10 Can you guess which 3 French towns are the best to live in?
Brejcha describes his music style as “High-Tech Minimal” and uses the Venetian carnival mask as his signature look, after being inspired by the Carnival in Rio, when he performed in Brazil for the first time.
For more information visit familypiknikfestival.com
You might also like...