Boulogne-Sur-Mer: The perfect winter wonderland
As the end of the year looms close, a cold, dark winter seems to be setting in. For a cosy winter escape, Boulogne-sur-Mer is alive with many winter festivities to warm the spirit and inspire you to fully embrace the chilly season...
All through the Christmas period, tearooms, caf�s and traditional French salons offer a haven of peace, where you can seek refuge from the hustle-and-bustle of the Christmas street shoppers. Come in for a croissant, a steaming cup of hot chocolate or a traditional pastry.
An Afternoon Treat:
For a delicious alternative to the classic croissant and
, try a Kirsch-based hot chocolate
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
, accompanied by a
, which is a festive sweet brioche with a brown-sugar crust, served warm from the oven. As the temperatures drop,
are a perfect afternoon treat.
A flavourful Boulogne Supper:
Fresh herrings are very easy to find at Boulogne-sur-Mer port. For an easy way to enjoy the fresh fish, they should be grilled, and eaten with a large slice of French bread and some fresh coffee.
If you are unable to cook the fish yourself, there are many regional food shops and stalls where you will find ready prepared herring, either smoked, marinated or pilchard.
Unique Gift Ideas:
If you feel uninspired by the prospect of buying yet another Christmas tie or pair of socks to fill this year’s Christmas stockings, Boulogne-sur-Mer is alive with unique artisan shops and boutiques filled with innovative gift ideas. Why not buy some edible presents, with a large selection of local wine, foie gras and chocolates to chose from.
For more information on a visit to Boulogne-sur-Mer and the Boulonnais region, contact: