Are these the best hotels in France?
- Credit: Archant
A new smartphone app only lists the very best hotels around the world, including these gems in France
Author of seven travel books and founder of one of the world’s largest curated collections of luxury hotels, the Kiwi Collection, Philippe Kjellgren has created a trusted travel club known as PK’s List.
Forbes magazine has hailed Philippe’s books and hotel knowledge as “to luxury hotels, what the Michelin Guide is to restaurants”.
The travel guru embarked on an 800-day trip around the world, to personally vet each and every hotel which appears on PK’s List and to determine the ‘money can’t buy’ services he can offer his members. Philippe populated a new smartphone app as he travelled, only listing the very best hotels.
So which hotels does he recommend in France?
Cap Estel, Èze-Bord-de-Mer
Philippe says: “Hidden at a small point just outside Monaco, it offers complete privacy. It’s the epitome of what the French Riviera should be like.
- 1 Travel vloggers visit ‘elegant and charming’ Nice in the South of France
- 2 Complete France Advent Calendar Competition 2021
- 3 7 project properties to renovate in France for under €20,000
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Guide to social etiquette in France
- 6 Want to invest in a summer holiday let in France? Consider a cheap ski resort
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 How to find a dream home in France without leaving your sofa
- 10 5 festive French properties: Cute Cottages for sale in France
Built for the billionaire South African owner, turned hotel, with all the details of a home.”
La Réserve Paris
“The sexiest luxury hotel in Paris, boudoir style with nice lounges, libraries and intimate restaurant. An amazing place for a romantic getaway, perfect location near all the best shopping.”
Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel, Paris
“Probably one of the most iconic hotels in the world. It underwent a three-year renovation and is as close to perfection as you can get. With contemporary touches, it’s even better than the original.”
Domaine de Murtoli, Sartène, Corsica
“In Corsica, multiple farmhouses have been meticulously updated with a beautiful design and is a true hidden gem for savvy travellers who will get their own farmhouse with views over the sea.”
Le K2 Palace, Courchevel
“As luxurious as it gets in Courchevel, super designed with a cool vibe. This is the place to stay when in Courchevel.”
PK’s List app offers a listing of the world’s most unique and luxurious hotels, alongside details of an in-the-know contact at each. The app’s hotel partners also give subscribers additional perks on arrival, from upgrades and breakfasts to gift vouchers and discounted services.
Like this? You might also like