6 of the best ice cream shops in Paris to try
- Credit: Archant
Cool off with a delicious cone from one of these top glaceries in Paris
No round-up of Paris’ most sublime glaceries can be without Berthillon, the reigning queen of the ice cream. It’s as much a part of the city’s tourist fabric as the Louvre and Notre-Dame – and the queues reflect its popularity. Must tries include the tremendously flavoured fruit and chocolate sorbets.
Bringing divine Lebanese flavours to Paris’ ice cream scene, the Bachir brothers have been making ice cream since the 1930s. The ice creams are 100% organic and you can have them topped with delicious crushed pistachios for some extra zing. Pair yours with a cup of tasty Lebanese coffee.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
Une Glace à Paris
With World Patisserie Champion and Meilleur Ouvrier de France Emmanuel Ryon at the helm, it’s no surprise that the ice creams here are something special. Among the ornate creations are a millefeuille de glaces and a vacherin glacé – a feast for the mouth and the eyes.
Glazed and Confused or Smoke on the Water, anyone? The exotically named flavours at Glaces Glazed are sure to raise a smile – and just wait until you have your first taste of their ice creams and sorbets. Some of the wow-worthy combinations include chocolate, wasabi and ginger, and orange, Campari and balsamic vinegar.
It’s gelato galore at this divine Italian outpost in Paris, where the ice creams are freshly made every day. Only twelve flavours are available but you can be guaranteed each one will be a hit – try the stracciatella or noisette. Don’t leave without trying the authentic espresso!
La Fabrique Givrée
The amazing terroir of Ardèche is at the heart of this artisan ice cream shop, serving up creative flavours using produce from the southern department and its surroundings. Try the Yaourt Ardéchois, streaked with raspberry jam, or the Marron d’Ardèche, rich and chestnutty, and you’ll be transported to the tranquil countryside with every spoonful.
You might also like...